Girl Scouts of Orange County 2023 Cookie Program
Sunday, January 15, 2023 – Sunday, March 19, 2023
Cookie Program Update – Extending Cookie Sale
We understand that the recent storms have made it difficult for many troops to host cookie booth sales. We heard your concerns. In response, we are happy to announce that we are expanding the cookie sales window through March 19th!
We want to support our troops that have inventory to sell and help all troops reach $1 per package proceeds. And we’re very close to reaching that goal! As an example, if every troop selling took an additional three cases from cookie cupboards, troops would benefit from greater proceeds to support their group plans.
To help you reach your sales goals, we have included a few top seller tips to consider:
- Place a small dry erase board at your booth and list your hourly goal. Keep updating it so customers can see how close you are to reaching your goal.
- Check your Smart Cookies account to see if customers want to order more cookies. Send e-Cards to friends and family, inviting them to help you reach your goals by ordering Cookie Share online with no shipping costs!
- One of our stellar sellers shared that she is using her cookie order card to take customers’ orders and will deliver the cookies when she replenishes her cookie inventory.
- Post pictures (with parent approval) on social media featuring:
- your booth with your goal tracker and announce where you will be selling cookies
- enticing ways to eat your favorite cookies
We know that some troops may not want to continue selling cookies through March 19th, and that’s okay. For those who do, we’re here to support you every step of the way.
Below are updated dates for the end of the cookie program.
- March 17 – Start collecting girls’ final balance due to the troop.
- March 17 – 21 – End of Program Processing
- March 19 – Cookie Program Ends
- By March 21 – Final deposits to be made into troop account to cover final payment. Payment Adjustment form submitted, if needed.
- March 22 by 9:00 AM – Troop final reports due to Service Unit by 9:00 AM.
- March 23 – ACH of final troop payment to council begins.
Thank you for all your hard work and dedication. We hope this one-week extension will help our troops reach their goals and achieve even greater success!