Troops are now passing out Fall Product Program patches and prizes! Special shout out to Grace C. and Carolyn H. on becoming the 2017 Top Sellers! Congratulations to all of our Girl Scouts of Orange County Top Sellers and Service Unit Super Sellers!
Celebrate your 2017 Fall Product Program success with an exclusive Art Party Experience (200+ nuts/candy products sold).
Invitations will be mailed out the first week of January.
Date: Saturday, January 13, 2018
Location: GSOC HQ, 9500 Toledo Way, Irvine, CA 92618
A huge shout out and thank you to all of the amazing volunteers and parents who supported OC Girl Scouts as they built their business skills by participating in the 2017 Fall Product Program! Take time with your Girl Scouts to plan a way for them to express their thanks! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Make cards for your Troop Product Coordinator and Booth Sale volunteers.
- “Trefoil” their lawn with signs that say “Thank You!” or “An Awesome Girl Scout Volunteer Lives Here!”
- Send an email to thank your favorite cupboard manager.
- Present a can of nuts or chocolates with a gift card.
- Create posters to thank a special booth sale location.
- Create gift baskets and/or gift tags.
- Present certificates to parents for their stellar support.
For more DIY appreciation ideas, follow us on Pinterest!
Step-by-step instructions on how to Verify Troop Product is Allocated, Service Unit Allocating Product to Girls, Girl Rewards Selection, and Running T1 Girl Rewards report can be found on the green Trefoil in UNIFY. Click the green Trefoil, click on Program Info (top right hand corner of pop-up) and click the Program info and Activities button. These instructions are also available on the Volunteer Network.
Missed the end of sale webinar? Click here to watch the recording. You can also find step-by-step instructions by clicking on the Trefoil icon in UNIFY. Please see below for some additional reminders.
- Record girl final payments into UNIFY (see Troop Plan Book, page 19).
- Make final deposits into TROOP bank account.
- Make final entries for nut sales, booth sales, and Care to Share in UNIFY.
- Make sure all units from the Troop Cupboard have been allocated to girls.
- Verify girl rewards and make any corrections.
- If your troop earned the Booth Sale patch, manually enter each girl in UNIFY.
- Complete the Fall Product Program Evaluation.
Troop final reports and emails are due to Service Unit Product Managers on Wednesday, November 8th at 9am (make sure to cc the Troop Treasurer and Leaders). Please including the following in your emails:
- “Processing Complete” OR “Unresolved Issue” in the subject of your email.
- All details of any pending problems in the body of the email and attach documentation (signed receipts; T2 spreadsheet if used).
- Note if your troop submitted a parent delinquency report, counterfeit bill report or asked for a payment adjustment.
Troop’s payment will be delayed until issue has been resolved.
Please email email@example.com with any additional questions.
Did you know girls can sell ALL of our products at Booth Sales and Nut Stands or even sell with no actual products? Check out these ideas:
- Take orders and offer to deliver! Get products from a cupboard after your booth sale, and then deliver to customers with a Thank You Tag which also reminds customers about the Cookie Program start date.
- Sell Care to Share Nuts and Magazine Vouchers. Decorate your booth with Girl Scout tablecloth, Care to Share Receipts, and a Care to Share Flyer. Set out a few cans and magazines wrapped with girl-made labels such as: “Care to Share,” “Donate to Our Military,” “Share with our Food Bank,” or “Tax Deductible Donation.” Highlight the $6.00 tax deductible donation for each item purchased. Create a poster with Trefoils for customers to sign and add to your poster to show their participation in Care to Share and progress towards your goal. Create and hand out “I Donated to Girl Scouts” stickers. Make Care to Share Cards to go with your donations. Write “Girl Scouts Cares About You!” on the inside and invite customers to sign the card.
- Sell Online Nuts, Chocolates, and QSP Items by passing out Spread the Word Business Cards. Highlight all the additional nut and chocolate varieties available online. Or you can collect email addresses and send them an offer.
- Have a Veteran’s Day Promotion. A successful technique is to tie red, white, and blue ribbons on a safety pin and offer to everyone who passes your booth in honor of the day. Invite them to make a purchase of Care to Share to be donated to the military.
Please take a few minutes to complete the Fall Product Program Evaluation for 2017. This will help us to make next year’s program better! Please also share any issues you had with the vendor’s UNIFY platform and we will be sure to forward your comments to them.
Thank you for all your hard work!
Need some delicious nuts and chocolates?
Support Girl Scouts by visiting a Fall Product Booth Sale from Saturday, October 28th, 2017 through Sunday, November 5th, 2017.
Click here for a flyer with some booth sale times and locations over the next two weekends.
Selling door-to-door or hosting a booth sale? Be sure to stay in the shade, drink plenty of water, and store your products in a cooler with ice packs, when possible.
Remember to not store products in your car or garage in extreme heat. Keep product off the floor and away from sun to prevent damage from heat, insects, pets or water.
Product damage caused by girl/parent/troop negligence (such as melting) will NOT be replaced (see page 23 of Troop Plan Book).
Are your customers looking for a place to donate magazine subscriptions during the Fall Product Sale? CHOC Children’s is always in need of more activities for their teen population! They are accepting magazine subscriptions such as Teen Vogue, Seventeen, People, and more. Click here for more information about where customers can mail the subscriptions!
September 23: Fall Product Program beings!
September 28: TPC Roster due
October 1: SU Product Sales goals due
October 6: Girl Initial Order due to Troop
October 8: Troop Initial Order submitted in UNIFY by 9am
October 9: SU Initial Order processing completed by 9am
October 12: SU Booth Sale Spreadsheets due
October 21-24: Nut Deliveries
October 22: SU Booth Sales Plan due
October 27: Booth Sales start
November 1: Last day to enter the sale to earn troop proceeds
November 5: Fall Product Program ends!
November 8: Troop final email due to SU by 9am
November 9: Troop payments start
November 12: SU final email due to Council
December 6: Top Seller Reception
January: Reward distribution to girls
January 22: Final reward adjustment due
Girl Scouts of Orange County is allowing girls to redeem their Cookie Dough and/or OC Bucks to support Girl Scouts of the USA lifting of fundraising restrictions to enable girls to raise money for recovery efforts at councils impacted by Hurricane Harvey.
How do girls redeem their OC Bucks and Cookie Dough to support the GSUSA disaster relief fund? Girls submit Cookie Dough and/or OC Bucks to their Troop Leader. The Troop Treasurer (Leader) uses the Troop debit card to make the donation here. Troop submits the Reimbursement form; uploads proof of the donation and OCBucks/Cookie Dough; the Council mails a check to the Troop.
Can troops donate some of their Fall Product proceeds for disaster relief? Yes! Donations can be made on GSUSAs disaster relief fund here.
Can troops designate they will be donating some of their proceeds to help sister Girl Scouts on their Fall Product booth sale posters? Yes. Girl Scouts of the USA is lifting fundraising restrictions to enable girls to raise money for recovery efforts at four councils impacted by Hurricane Harvey: Girl Scouts of San Jacinto, Girl Scouts of Greater South Texas, Girl Scouts of Central Texas, and Girl Scouts of Louisiana–Pines to the Gulf. Funds raised will provide membership scholarships and replacement Girl Scout uniforms and insignia to impacted girls. Participating in Girl Scouts can be one way to help them, and their families, regain a sense of normalcy. Donations can be made on GSUSAs disaster relief fund here.
Can troops donate items to the Girl Scout Council’s impacted? Although material donations and troop offers of assistance have been greatly appreciated, as you can imagine, the councils are not currently in a position to process and organize them. GSUSA is also monitoring Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Jose behind it for possible impact on our members. Donations can be made on GSUSAs disaster relief fund here.
Service Unit Booth Sale Coordinators: Submit your Booth Sale Spreadsheet with your booth locations and schedule to Council at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, October 12th! This is necessary for insurance purposes.
Also make sure to complete the Fall Product Advertised Booth Sales Form for inclusion on the Booth Location Flyer on the website. No faxes or hand written spreadsheets will be accepted. If you are having trouble, email email@example.com.
Remember to send an updated version of your Booth Sale Spreadsheet anytime you make changes!
Post to Facebook and Twitter using the “Text and Share” tab in UNIFY! Girls obtain a unique link, login to their social media accounts, and then post their link so friends and family can order nuts, chocolates, magazines, and more! Sales automatically track back to the girl.
2017 Fall Product Booth Sale Training is REQUIRED for all adults participating in troop or parent/daughter booth sales. Training is in 2 steps:
- Click here to watch the 2017 Fall Product Booth Sale Training.
- Click here to complete the quiz (Knowledge Check) to receive your results in your email. Make sure to forward the email to your Troop Product Coordinator.
Questions? Contact CustomerCare@GirlScoutsOC.org or call 949-461-8800 during office hours (Monday-Thursday, 8am-4pm).
Purchase corporate gifts and help your favorite Girl Scout! Corporate Gift Tins have festive holiday designs, instead of the traditional Girl Scout labels, making them perfect for business gifts!
Choose from Jumbo Cashews (roasted and salted with sea salt), Gourmet Blend (colossal cashews, giant almonds, mammoth pecans, and large whole macadamias), and Gourmet Caramel Corn (with pecans and almonds).
If you don’t know a local Girl Scout, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Order or renew magazines from your favorite Girl Scout from September 23 – November 5! Girl Scouts will earn $3 for every magazine ordered. Remember, subscriptions make great holiday gifts!
If you don’t know a local Girl Scout, email email@example.com.