Is your Girl Scout or Troop interested in participating in the 2021 Fall Product Program? Girls earn funds for their Girl Scout activities while learning key skills that will help them in business and life!
See below for some great tips and tricks on how to get started:
1. Contact your troop leaders to see if your troop has a Troop Product Coordinator, and if not, consider stepping up to this position yourself! Click here to learn how troops can share the responsibilities to make the job easier. Troop Product Coordinator training is available both online and in person beginning September 9, 2021.
- Troop Product Coordinators must contact their Service Unit Product Manager to be appointed, receive program materials, and logins/passwords into M2OS.
- To participate individually, parents assist their daughters to register for M2OS. Please note that without the support of a Troop Product Coordinator, the troop will not receive proceeds from the individual sellers, but the girls will receive all rewards at the levels that they sell at.
2. Once you have a Troop Packet, partner with your troop leaders to hold a family meeting to review the Fall Product Program, talk about troop goals, collect the signed Parent Responsibility Forms (located in the Family Guide), and pass out the materials to the girls. More information about how to hold a family meeting is in the Troop Plan Book.
3. Start Selling! The Fall Product Program begins September 25, 2021 and ends November 14, 2021. Girls can participate in the following two ways:
- First, by using order cards, working booth sales, or going door-to-doors to sell only nuts and chocolates.
- Second, by using the M2OS custom storefront to sell magazines in addition to nuts and chocolates.
There are Flexible Options for Busy Troops…
- Quick Start Program: Troop does only online sales (no money or product to handle and all ordering, payment, and training is done online!)
- Nut Pre-Orders Only: Sell to family and friends and order only what you need
- Virtual Care to Share Door-to-Door or Booth Sales: No product inventory needed!
- Any combination of the above!
Why Should My Troop Participate in the Fall Product Program?
- It provides your troop with funds to pay for activities and supplies. Your troop earns 90¢ for every nut, chocolate, and Care to Share voucher sold (Trophy Nut items) and $3 for every magazine (M2 Media items).
- It prepares girls and adults for the Cookie Program with fun skill building activities and volunteer opportunities.
- It supports all Orange County Girl Scouts by providing support and training for volunteers, girl leadership experiences, events and activities, safe camps, financial assistance, and more. Your troop is helping others to be Girl Scouts!
Participating in the Fall Product Program is a great way to get your troop up and running. Participating girls will:
- Create troop goals and plans for using troop proceeds as they practice their decision making, teamwork, and people skills.
- “Earn & Learn” – girls earn funds for their Girl Scout activities (such as camp) while learning key skills that will help them in business and life.
- Work towards financial literacy badges.
2021 Fall Product Program Dates
- September 9 – Troop Product Coordinator trainings begin
- September 11 – Troop volunteers receive email to access M2OS
- September 25 – Sale begins
- September 25 – Girls receive email to access M2OS
- October 15 – Girl orders due to troop
- October 16 and October 17 – Troop orders submitted into M2OS
- November 5 through November 7 – Delivery and distribution of products
- November 6 – Girl deliveries begin
- November 14 – Sale ends
For any additional questions…
Contact your Service Unit Product Manager, GSOC Product Sales at 949-461-8800, or Customer Care at CustomerCare@GirlScoutsOC.org.