Gluten Free Cookie Pilot
2015 Gluten Free Cookie Pilot
The 2015 gluten free cookie program is the second year of a two-year pilot developed in response to volunteers, girls and consumers who have asked for a gluten free Girl Scout cookie. According to Nielsen research, for the year ending February 2014, sales of gluten free cookies sold in retail stores are up 37% in dollar sales versus a year ago*. During the 1st year of the pilot, half of ABC Baker’s councils participated and the feedback was fantastic. Based on ABC’s research with consumers, 90% of them say they will definitely purchase gluten free Girl Scout Cookies next season.
About the Cookie: Introducing NEW Gluten Free Trios
For the 2015 season, ABC and GSOC are pleased to introduce a new and improved gluten free cookie made with real peanut butter, delicious chocolate chips, and certified whole grain, gluten free oats. What a treat! Our cookie allows celiac disease sufferers and those trying to avoid gluten to support the efforts of Girl Scouts as they enjoy a product created just for them.
A few facts about Trios:
- Produced in a dedicated gluten free facility
- Made with real peanut butter, real chocolate chips, certified gluten free whole grain oats and real butter
- No artificial flavors, no artificial colors, no high-fructose corn syrup, no palm oil and no hydrogenated oils. Nutritional information available here.
- Available in a 5-ounce re-sealable foil pouch with 12 pouches per case
- Price per package is $5.00
- According to Nielsen research, peanut butter cookie sales are up 144% in dollars compared to a year ago.*
How Does the Pilot Work?
- Troops interested in selling the gluten free Trios cookie must have placed their order by Sunday, September 21, 2014 using the form below. No extra cookies will be available.
- Gluten free Trios will be in Snap for allocating packages to girls, girl payment tracking and ACH withdrawals will all be done within the cookie management system.
- Gluten free Trios will be included in the first ACH withdrawal in February, 2015. The remaining amount due for Trios will be included in the final amount debited from the troop account in March, 2015.
- Troops will earn the same proceeds per package of gluten free Trios cookies sold as all other varieties. Troops will earn credit towards all troop recognitions on their Trios cookie sales.
- Girls will earn credit towards all girl recognitions on their gluten free Trios cookie sales. There will not be a special gluten free patch.
- Only troops who order by Sunday, September 21, 2014 are guaranteed to have gluten free Trios cookies for direct orders and booth sales. There may be a limited number of cases available to order during the sale, but the only way to guarantee having gluten free Trios is to place an order by the September 21 deadline.
- Gluten free Trios will be distributed to participating troops with their initial cookie order in January 2015.
- Gluten Free cookies retail for $5.00 per package.
Troops must meet the following criteria in order to participate in the gluten free pilot:
- Leaders and girls registered for the 2014-2015 membership year
- New Troop ACH Authorization (TAA) form on file for the 2014-2015 membership year – TAA form must be completed by every troop every year after August 1.
The order period for Gluten Free Cookies for the 2015 Cookie Program has been closed
*Source: Nielsen Syndicated Data latest 52 weeks ending 2/22/14