Gluten Free Cookie Pilot
2015 Gluten Free Cookie Pilot
The 2015 gluten free cookie program is the second year of a two-year pilot developed in response to volunteers, girls and consumers who have asked for a gluten free Girl Scout cookie. According to Nielsen research, for the year ending February 2014, sales of gluten free cookies sold in retail stores are up 37% in dollar sales versus a year ago*. During the 1st year of the pilot, half of ABC Baker’s councils participated and the feedback was fantastic. Based on ABC’s research with consumers, 90% of them say they will definitely purchase gluten free Girl Scout Cookies next season.
About the Cookie: Introducing NEW Gluten Free Trios
For the 2015 season, ABC and GSOC are pleased to introduce a new and improved gluten free cookie made with real peanut butter, delicious chocolate chips, and certified whole grain, gluten free oats. What a treat! Our cookie allows celiac disease sufferers and those trying to avoid gluten to support the efforts of Girl Scouts as they enjoy a product created just for them.
A few facts about Trios:
- Produced in a dedicated gluten free facility
- Made with real peanut butter, real chocolate chips, certified gluten free whole grain oats and real butter
- No artificial flavors, no artificial colors, no high-fructose corn syrup, no palm oil and no hydrogenated oils. Nutritional information available here.
- Available in a 5-ounce re-sealable foil pouch with 12 pouches per case
- Price per package is $5.00
- According to Nielsen research, peanut butter cookie sales are up 144% in dollars compared to a year ago.*
Troops interested in participating in our pilot must order cookies by Sept. 21. New this year, although the Gluten Free Girl Scout cookie must be ordered in advance, it will count towards girl rewards & troop proceeds!
More information about ordering Trios for the 2015 Cookie Program will be coming soon.
*Source: Nielsen Syndicated Data latest 52 weeks ending 2/22/14