Is your Girl Scout or Troop interested in participating in the 2021 Cookie Program? Girls earn funds for their Girl Scout activities while learning key skills that will help them in business and in life!
Why Should My Troop Participate in the Cookie Program?
The Girl Scout Cookie Program is the largest girl-led business in the country and an integral part of our Girl Scout Leadership Experience. With every cookie season, girls build confidence and learn 5 important skills that will help her succeed now and throughout her life. Participating girls will create troop goals and plans for using troop proceeds as they practice their decision making. They also will work towards financial literacy badges!
How Do We Get Started in the Cookie Program?
1. Determine who will be the Troop Cookie Coordinators(s). Troops often split up the responsibilities to make the job easier. Training is online and in-person throughout Orange County.
2. Connect with Service Unit Cookie Manager to be appointed, receive program materials, log-ins, passwords, and past cookie sale statistics.
4. Host a family meeting in December to set troop goals, review Cookie Program, and collect Parent Responsibility forms. Partner with troop leaders to determine troop’s Initial Order for cookies which is due December 15, 2020. More information about how to hold a family meeting is in the Troop Plan Book (link coming soon!) received at training.
5. Place troop’s Initial Order for cookies by December 15, 2020. Don’t wait until the last minute! Contact Service Unit Cookie Manager for guidance about how many cookies to order. Troops should order 80% of the cookies they plan to sell. Remember: Troops may not set quotas for individual girls or require payment from parents in advance.
6. Initial Order Cookies will be picked up between January 23-25, 2020 depending on your Service Unit’s distribution date. Most Service Units participate in the Mega Deliveries with happen on Saturday, January 23, 2020. Please see your Service Unit Cookie Manager for the exact day you will be able to pick up your initial cookie order.
For more information…
Contact your Service Unit Cookie Manager, GSOC Product Sales at 949-461-8800, or email email@example.com.